Void outside the 50 United States and where prohibited. Do not proceed to enter if you are not at least 21 years of age and a legal resident of, and located within, one of the 50 United States, or the District of Columbia, at the time of entry.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Fall Family Getaway Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“E.T.”) on 07/01/11 and ends at 11:59 p.m., E.T. on 09/30/11. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor: Meredith Corporation, 1716 Locust St., Des Moines, Iowa.
ENTRY: Enter at www.travelmeredith.com/naturesown by submitting a completed online entry form. There is no cost to register or enter. Please include a postal address, not a post office box, with your entry. For prize fulfillment purposes, a potential winning entry having only a post office box address will be disqualified.
LIMIT: One entry per person with a valid email address. No group entries. Any attempt by an entrant, or any other person, to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods may result in disqualification by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
ELIGIBILITY: Legal residents of the 50 United States, and the District of Columbia, 21 years of age or older are eligible to enter, except employees of Sponsor, and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Sweepstakes and/or their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiaries and members of their immediate families or household members. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZING: On or about 10/14/11, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
One (1) winner will receive a trip prize package for four (4) to the cities of Rogers and Bentonville, Arkansas consisting of:
- Four (4) days of an economy class car rental from Enterprise, retail value (“RV”) $267.96;
- Two (2) standard double occupancy rooms for three (3) nights in a Northwest Arkansas hotel chosen by Sponsor, RV $1,074.00;
- A representative from Walmart Visitor Center will give a guided tour for four (4) people, RV $40; subject to availability.
- Gift card for dining at Table Mesa Bistro in Historic Downtown Bentonville, RV $50;
- Gift card for dining at Crabby’s Restaurant in Rogers, RV $50;
- Gift card for dining at Tusk & Trotter American Brasserie in Bentonville, RV $50;
- Four (4) passes for a guided tour of Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, RV $120;
- Four (4) passes to the Daisy Airgun Museum, RV $20;
- Four (4) admissions to the Peel Mansion Historic Home, RV $20;
- Gift card for dining at Gusano’s in Bentonville, RV $30;
- Gift card for shopping/dining at Pinnacle Promenade in Rogers, RV $30;
- Gas Card, RV $250;
- Free admission to Tour of Cooper Chapel and Veterans Wall of Honor
Total prize package RV: $2,001.96. Prize package must be redeemed by September 30, 2012. Blackout dates include October 8, 2011, November 5, 2011, November 12, 2011, May 13, 2012, June 1-9, 2012, and September 26-29, 2012. Tickets, passes and gift cards are subject to issuer restrictions. To redeem the car rental prize, winner must be able and prepared to document that they are at least twenty-one (21) years of age and not a minor in their primary state of residence, possess a valid driver’s license in the state of residence, and a major credit card (subject to terms and conditions of rental car company) and will be responsible for any associated additional costs (including insurance, gas, additional taxes, etc).
One (1) winner will receive a Young Harris, Georgia prize package for two (2) consisting of:
- Three (3) day / two (2) night Spa Suite Accommodation including resort fees, RV $1,166.30;
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner (includes Sunday Brunch) for two (2) each day, RV $366.08;
- One (1) traditional massage for two (2), RV $211.57;
- Two (2) hour trail ride for two (2), RV $211.57;
- One (1) round of golf for two (2), RV $211.58;
- Two (2) nights of food & beverage retail amenity delivered to suite each night (basket containing items from retail store and food and beverage items), RV $214;
- Gift certificate for complimentary return visit with Spa Suite Accommodation for three (3) days/two (2) nights including an amenity to be delivered to the suite on the second night of stay, RV $1,166.30;
- Gas Card, RV $100;
- Total prize package RV: $3,647.40. Prize package must be redeemed by November 1, 2012. No blackout dates apply but subject to availability as only one Spa Suite exists. Tickets, passes and gift certificates subject to issuer restrictions.
One (1) winner will receive a Kentucky prize package for two (2) consisting of;
- One (1) night lodging at Gratz Park Inn in Lexington (one (1) standard room double occupancy), RV $200;
- Two (2) passes for the Kentucky Horse Park, RV $32;
- Parking at Kentucky Horse Park, RV $3;
- Gift card for restaurant at Kentucky Horse Park, RV $30;
- Unique Horse Farm Tours at Kentucky Horse Park, RV $60;
- Gift card for Dudley’s on Short Restaurant, RV $125;
- One (1) night lodging at Shaker Village in Versailles, Harrodsburg (one (1) room standard double occupancy), RV $120;
- Two (2) passes for Woodford Reserve Distillery tour, RV $10;
- Two (2) passes for Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill tour (April 1 – October 30, RV $30;
- Two (2) Riverboat Ride passes (April 30, 2011 – October 30, 2011), RV $20;
- Gift card for Trustee Office Dining Room RV $100;
- One (1) night lodging at Meeting House B&B in Frankfort, Kentucky (one (1) room standard double occupancy), RV $140;
- Gift card to Serafini’s in Frankfort, RV $100;
- Two (2) passes to T.D. Clark Center for Kentucky History, RV $8;
- Two (2) passes to Rebecca Ruth Candies (closed for tours January – March), RV $4;
- Free admission to Four Roses Distillery, Wild Turkey Distillery, Buffalo Trace Distillery, Jim Beam Distillery, Heaven Hill Bourbon Heritage Center, and Maker’s Mark Distillery.
- Two (2) nights lodging at Galt House Hotel & Suites in Louisville (one (1) room standard double occupancy), RV $500;
- Kentucky Derby Museum, RV $26;
- Backside Tour of Churchill Downs, RV $20;
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, RV $20;
- Gift card to Lynn’s Paradise Café, RV $70;
- Proof on Main (restaurant), RV $150;
- Gift card to Xavier’s (restaurant), RV $100;
- Gift card to Maker’s Mark Bourbon House & Lounge, $100;
- Two (2) tour tickets to Glassworks, RV $13;
- Frazier International History Museum, RV $19;
- $250 check;
- Total prize package RV $2,250. Prize must be redeemed by September 30, 2012. Blackout dates include two (2) weeks prior and one (1) week after Kentucky Derby (Derby is always the first Saturday in May). All rooms subject to availability. Gift cards are subject to issuer restrictions.
One (1) winner will receive a Natchez, Mississippi prize package for two (2) consisting of:
- Three (3) days/two (2) nights lodging at an historical antebellum bed and breakfast in Monmouth (one (1) room standard double occupancy), RV $500;
- Gift card for dinner at Castle restaurant, RV $100;
- Gift card for dinner at Monmouth restaurant, RV $100;
- Gas card, RV $300
- Two (2) passes to Tour Longwood (site of HBO’s True Blood), RV $30;
- Two (2) passes to Stanton Hall, RV $30;
- Two (2) passes to Rosalie, RV $30;
- Two (2) passes for a City Tour Carriage Ride, RV $30;
- Total prize package RV $1,120.00. Prize must be redeemed by September 30, 2012. Blackout dates include major holidays. Tickets subject to issuer restrictions. Gift cards are subject to issuer restrictions.
One (1) winner will receive a prize package to Heights, West Virginia for family of five (5) consisting of:
- Cabin of your choice for three (3) consecutive nights for up to a family of five (5), RV $1,650;
- One (1) day of New River rafting for a family of five (5), RV $600;
- One (1) day of Canopy Tours for up to a family of five (5), RV $545;
- One (1) day of New River Gorge Bridge Walk for up to a family of five (5), RV $395;
- Travel Expense card, RV $500;
- Total prize package RV $3,690.00. Prize must be redeemed by August 31, 2012. Package is valid Monday – Thursday only, based on availability.
Total RV of all prizing: $12,709.36
Transportation to/from each destination is the responsibility of each winner and all other expenses not listed, including additional meals, taxes, gratuities, incidentals, etc., are the responsibility of each winner. Blackout periods and restrictions may apply.
Winners will be notified and prizes will be delivered approximately thirty (30) days from date of winner verification. One prize per household.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portions thereof) of equal or greater value if prize (or portions thereof) cannot be awarded as described. Sponsor will determine all elements of prizing in its sole discretion. Prizes may not be assigned, transferred, changed or redeemed for cash, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee express or implied by Sponsor. Sponsor disclaims all and any liability for the actual provision, quality or nature of any third-party product or service accepted by the winners. The awarding of any prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules. Entrants agree to be bound by Official Rules and agree that if winner fails to provide proof of identity, refuses to provide required documentation, is found to have violated Official Rules, or otherwise does not meet eligibility criteria, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing. Entrants understand that Sponsor is not liable for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from participation in this promotion and acceptance, possession, and use of prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all respects.
ODDS of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, by participating Sweepstakes entrants agree that: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor and its agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of New York and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or awarding of the prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
OTHER: Sponsor assumes no responsibility for entries it is unable to process due to network, hardware or other technical failures; or any other reason, or incomplete, damaged, misdirected, or lost entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the web site or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or modify this promotion if not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, technical corruption, non-authorized human intervention, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to date of cancellation. The use of automated entry systems or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the sweepstakes is prohibited. In the event of a dispute regarding online entry, entry will be deemed made by the holder of an established e-mail account associated with the entry.
GENERAL: Except where prohibited by law: (i) entry constitutes permission to use entrant's entry, name, hometown, voice, likeness, photograph and any statements regarding this sweepstakes in all media now known or hereafter discovered, for any purpose, including without limitation, in connection with, and to promote, market or advertise, the sweepstakes, in whole or in part, without review, approval, credit or attribution, notification or payment from or to entrant or any person or entity, worldwide, in perpetuity, or on a winner’s list, if applicable; (ii) potential winners will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, IRS W9 form, Release of Liability/Publicity and guests must complete Travel Release forms within ten (10) days of notification or an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing. If winner notification is returned as undeliverable, an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing. By participating and winning a prize, winner releases Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability with respect to the prize won and participation in the sweepstakes. Subject to all U. S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Winners will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form in the amount of the prize retail value as stated herein. For winners’ list, available after 12/31/11, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winner’s List, Fall Family Getaway Sweepstakes, 1716 Locust Street, LN-102, Des Moines, IA 50309.